I just got my blood test back.
The good news is my A1C level is 5.5 down from10.6 in February.
Now the bad news, my eGFR is 28.6 down from 31.64 in February but up from April's reading of 26.06.
OK, so what does that mean? Well from what I found online not good. Normal is a reading of 60+
Kidney
damage
stage Description GFR
1 Normal or minimal kidney damage
with normal GFR 90+
2 Mild decrease in GFR 60-89
3 Moderate decrease in GFR 30-59
4 Severe decrease in GFR 15-29
5 Kidney failure <15
With a reading of 26.6 it puts me in Stage 4, Severe decrease in kidney function and from what I read on National Kidney Foundation website Stage for says "Preparation for kidney replacement therapy."
I don't know if kidney function bounces back, from what I read it is not likely... I don't want to go on dialysis!
The good news is my A1C level is 5.5 down from10.6 in February.
Now the bad news, my eGFR is 28.6 down from 31.64 in February but up from April's reading of 26.06.
OK, so what does that mean? Well from what I found online not good. Normal is a reading of 60+
Kidney
damage
stage Description GFR
1 Normal or minimal kidney damage
with normal GFR 90+
2 Mild decrease in GFR 60-89
3 Moderate decrease in GFR 30-59
4 Severe decrease in GFR 15-29
5 Kidney failure <15
With a reading of 26.6 it puts me in Stage 4, Severe decrease in kidney function and from what I read on National Kidney Foundation website Stage for says "Preparation for kidney replacement therapy."
I don't know if kidney function bounces back, from what I read it is not likely... I don't want to go on dialysis!
No comments:
Post a Comment