I emailed my endo last week about my test results and she just
returned my email (she was on vacation). I asked her "How concerned
should I be about my kidneys? Do kidneys ever recover?"
In her reply email she said, "At this point your kidneys have been at that level for so long that I suspect they won't go back to full normal. Usually the name of the game is to preserve what you have. I think it's probably time to send you to a nephrologist just so you're hooked in to someone - so I'll make that referral and have them call you."
Not good. Since my reading at borderline Stage 3 - 4, I think the best I can hope for is Stage 3.
In her reply email she said, "At this point your kidneys have been at that level for so long that I suspect they won't go back to full normal. Usually the name of the game is to preserve what you have. I think it's probably time to send you to a nephrologist just so you're hooked in to someone - so I'll make that referral and have them call you."
Not good. Since my reading at borderline Stage 3 - 4, I think the best I can hope for is Stage 3.
No comments:
Post a Comment