I never knew that diabetes affected eye sight, as I mentioned in the beginning of this blog, my eye sight literally changed overnight. I woke up one Saturday morning and I didn’t need glasses any more. When I woke up, I rolled over and put on my glasses, I turned on the television that is at the foot of my bed and everything was blurry. I took off my glasses and I could see. At breakfast when I tried to read the newspaper, I had to take off my glasses to read. It was strange not to have to wear glasses, all my life I wore glasses, they were a part of me and they were always found on the end of my nose. Now I was hunting for them because I no longer need them.
I contacted my endocrinologist and she told me that it was normal for those who have diabetes to have their eye sight change. I was surprised that it could change so much and for the better. That was a little over 8 weeks ago and now they changed again last week back to my old prescription. My worry is that my eye sight will wander as my blood sugar changes. Both my endocrinologist and ophthalmologist [I have cataracts and glaucoma] say that is not the case that my prescription will not change that much again once I get my blood sugar under control.
So time will tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment