Saturday, June 23, 2012

Buffalo Shredded Chicken Dip

I'm going to a Fourth of July party and I wanted to bring something other than high carb food because there will be plenty of that at the picnic. So I posted on the Diabetes Forum asking what other people bring to picnics and one person said that she brought shredded chicken dip with buffalo hot sauce. So I thought about it and came up with this recipe...

~~Buffalo Shredded Chicken Dip~~


1 Chicken breast
1 Chicken thigh
16 oz. Cream Cheese
1 jar Marie’s Blue Cheese Dressing
4 oz. Crumbled Blue Cheese
12 oz. Bottle of your favorite Buffalo Wing sauce (I like Franks).

Boil the chicken until done and let cool to room temperature, and then shred the chicken. Put the shredded chicken in a sauce pan, add the hot sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.

In the bottom of an 11 inch pie dish spread the cream cheese. Add the shredded chicken and the hot sauce, and on spoon on the blue cheese dressing to cover the chicken. Top off with the crumbled blue cheese.

When ready to serve, heat in a 350F oven until the blue cheese melts.

Blue cheese dressing = 0 Carb.
Blue cheese = 0 Carb.
Chicken = 0 Carb.
Cream cheese = 0.1 Carbs per teaspoon
Hot sauce = 0 Carb.

No comments:

Post a Comment