It has been awhile since I posted here and that is because I pretty much have my diabetes under control with my diet. I have learned what and how much I can eat without my BG going through the ceiling.
I limit myself to about 40 carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a 20 carb snack and 20 crabs dessert, for a total of 160 carbs per day. I also learned what foods that I can tolerate more because of a low glycemic index, for example an orange is 40 while orange juice is 50. Also how you cook the food make a big difference, spaghetti cooked al dente has a low glycemic index than over cooked spaghetti.
I also read the nutritional information on food container and weigh my food for the proper serving.
Doing all these things have kept my A1C to in the low 5s
I limit myself to about 40 carbs for breakfast, lunch and dinner and a 20 carb snack and 20 crabs dessert, for a total of 160 carbs per day. I also learned what foods that I can tolerate more because of a low glycemic index, for example an orange is 40 while orange juice is 50. Also how you cook the food make a big difference, spaghetti cooked al dente has a low glycemic index than over cooked spaghetti.
I also read the nutritional information on food container and weigh my food for the proper serving.
Doing all these things have kept my A1C to in the low 5s
No comments:
Post a Comment