Docs: Lifestyle chances key to reversing Type 2 diabetesI went from an A1C of 11 down to 4.7 by changing my diet and exercising. But it is a constant battle to keep from slipping. For over two months my morning fasting BG was under 100 and they were mostly in the 80s, but on Sunday I had some pasta and a slice of garlic bread and my FBG the next morning was 107.
Reversal applies to those who are pre-diabetic, in early stages of disease
WBALTV
April, 15, 2013
BALTIMORE —The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calls Type 2 diabetes a growing epidemic in the U.S., as millions of people suffer from it, but the disease is preventable, and doctors said it can be reversed in some cases.
[...]
Mercy Medical Center endocrinologist Dr. Amber Taylor said it's possible for those who are pre-diabetic or in the early stages of Type 2 diabetes to reverse the disease.
"We have pretty good evidence, especially in patients who have pre-diabetes, that lifestyle change is really key. Lifestyle change is better than any drug we have on the market for reversing and preventing diabetes," Taylor said.
I am new to Diabetes, I was diagnosed January 16, 2012 with Type II diabetes and this blog is about coming to terms with the disease.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
This Is What I Learned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment