Sunday, December 2, 2012

Diabetes Quiz

I found this quiz at Boston.com...
To assess your own knowledge of diabetes, take this brief quiz that covers some basic facts--and frequent misconceptions:
1. True or false?:
The difference between Type I and Type II diabetes is that kids get type I and need insulin, while adults get type II and take pills.

2. The way you first know you have diabetes is:
a) You are very thirsty, urinate a lot, and have blurry vision.
b) You go into a sudden coma.
c) You don't feel anything--it shows up on a blood test.
d) Any of the above.

3. Every adult with diabetes needs to see all of these specialists regularly except:

a) A dietician
b) An endocrinologist specializing in diabetes
c) An ophthalmologist (eye doctor)
d) A podiatrist (foot doctor)

4. Uncontrolled blood sugar can cause:
a) Skin infections
b) Blindness
c) Erectile dysfunction
d) Any of the above

5. True or false?:
Once you are on insulin, you can never get off it.
The answers are on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment